Monday July 30th, 2012
Q: My company uses a Siemens HiPath 4000 phone system with Xpressions voicemail. I need to have a message waiting indicator light for a single extension appear on multiple phones.
Specifically, we have a sales line that several users share and they each need to know when a message is left by a customer. Is this possible and if so how can it be setup?
A: In the HiPath 4000 V1 SMR8 system and higher and the V2 SMR8 system and higher it is possible to have multiple PhoneMail and Xpressions message waiting lights and buttons. This feature is a great way to set-up a shared voicemail box on multiple phones for multiple users. Other uses of this feature include:
- Allows a user to have a private mailbox and a work mailbox on the same phone.
- Enables multiple voicemail keys to be used on a phone (i.e. – sales, service, contracts, tech support, engineering, product returns, etc.). This is only limited by the amount of lines the phone supports.
To configure this feature:
- Within AMO-tapro, setup MBLINE;
- Within AMO zand:reserve, confirm 130 is set to yes;
- Finally, add the ZIELN parameter, enter the prime station number, enter type=MBLINE, the key number of the MBLINE and the STNOMB of the voicemail box you want to add to the KEY.
Feel free to give us a call for more details at (866) 536-7305.
Siemens Simplified Tech Tips are provided for educational purposes only. Telizent Communications will not be liable for any errors or inaccuracies, or any actions taken in reliance thereon. Telizent Communications expressly disclaims all warranties – expressed or implied – as to the accuracy of any of the content provided, or as to the fitness of this information for any purpose. If you are not trained on the systems you are administering or are not comfortable performing the steps described in the Siemens Simplified Tech Tips you should contact Telizent for trained technical support.