Monday September 17th, 2012
Q: My organization uses a Siemens HiPath 4000 phone system. We have a ProCenter Presenter agent who is unable to log-on to the desktop application. What could be causing this and is there an easy fix?
A: There are various reasons why an agent may not be able to log-on to the desktop application. The most common reasons are:
- The agent ID is already in use at another agent station
- The password is incorrect
- The server name may not be correct on the agent log-on screen
To fix the above issues:
- Ensure that the agent ID is only used once. This can be done by having the agents log off and then back onto their desktops or have the ACD Supervisor monitor the group to see if someone is using the agent ID. If so, the supervisor can force a log-off of the agent ID.
- If the password is incorrect, refer to the administrator for ProCenter and have them reset the password.
- If the server name is incorrect, have the agent click on the CHANGE button on the agent log-on screen and select the correct server name. Then proceed with the password and click okay.
Please feel free to give us a call for more details (866) 536-7305.
Siemens Simplified Tech Tips are provided for educational purposes only. Telizent Maintenance Services will not be liable for any errors or inaccuracies, or any actions taken in reliance thereon. Telizent Maintenance Services expressly disclaims all warranties – expressed or implied – as to the accuracy of any of the content provided, or as to the fitness of this information for any purpose. If you are not trained on the systems you are administering or are not comfortable performing the steps described in the Siemens Simplified Tech Tips you should contact Telizent for trained technical support.